Wednesday 1 August 2012

Welcome to My Blog

Welcome to my blog!

I am a very new writer and this is my first attempt at blogging so apologies for any glaring mistakes.

Last week I sold my first ever short story (to Fiction Feast) and thought this would be a good time to start a blog to chart my progress (or lack of it) from total beginner to who knows what.

It was a sad day when the little private primary school, where I taught English, closed but I had no idea how the closing of this door would be the opening of another. Being made redundant gave me a chance to reassess where my life was going and as it coincided with a milestone birthday, it seemed the ideal year to start a new chapter of my life.

I decided to see if I could practise what I preach and took a short on-line writing course. It's called writing classes writingclasses.co.uk and I loved every second of it - so much so that the next term I did a second course with them.

I missed the writing when the course came to an end in March and so set myself a task of writing one piece a week and sending it to a magazine or competition. It's taken four months for my first acceptance and now the hard work begins to try and get another.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Wendy, i am so glad you found our courses helpful and good luck with all your future writing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wendy - sheer doggedness and determination will get you there - and a little bit of good luck helps! Congrats on selling your first piece and I hope you sell many more, best wishes from a fellow writer

    ReplyDelete