Thursday 24 October 2019

Times Are A-changing


I've been thinking about this blog and how over the years since I started it (can you believe it was really 2012?) it's evolved.

When I wrote my first post, I'd made one story sale to a women's magazine. I can still remember how excited I was. I can also remember how determined I was too. I'd made that sale... now I needed to make another.

What I didn't foresee was what an amazing journey I was about to embark on. How exciting it would be and what wonderful friends I'd make along the way. For example, how could I have known that one day the Wendy Clarke who had sold that first story, would become a published author of psychological thrillers and that my debut novel would become a kindle bestseller in several countries.

Wendy's Writing Now has been my companion through all the highs and lows. It's celebrated my achievements - the competition wins, the story sales, the writing of my novels and the eventual publication of them. Its also where I've shared my disappointments and anxieties (because, believe me, there have been many). 

Does anyone remember the 'rejection T-shirt?'

What has always remained the same though are the wonderful guests I've had over the years. Guests who have written in all genres and given my readers a greater insight into their writing lives. Some of these guests have even come back... up to four times in some cases. I hope it's because I've made them feel welcome.

The full list of my guests is in the sidebar... how lucky I've been.

And this leads me to my exciting news. Because it's a genre close to my heart (it's what I read as well as write) the next few months are going to feature guest posts and interviews from some of the fabulous psychological thriller writers who are thrilling their readers at the moment. Some names will be familiar to you, some new... but all will be welcome.

Here are a few of the people who'll be visiting in the next few weeks: Vikki Patis, Lynda Stacey, Louise Mangos, Rona Halsall, Jenny Blackhurst, Nikki Smith, Libby Carpenter and Lesley Cheetham. 

I can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. It's been a fantastic journey for you, Wendy, and good you're still blogging!

    ReplyDelete