Sunday 5 January 2014

A Good Start to the New Year


First of all, may I wish all of my readers a very Happy New Year.

I've just taken down the decorations, we have the house to ourselves again and after my two week break from writing, feel refreshed and ready to settle down to it again.

I have to say that the new year started very nicely for me with sales to both The People's Friend and Fiction Feast and when I went into the newsagents, I was surprised to find I had a story in Woman's Weekly - it's called Time For Baking and has a gentle twist at the end. I am in the very good company of Helen (thanks for your lovely comments about me on your blog), Della and Teresa (who my thoughts are with at this time). I can only hope that my writing year continues as it has started.

On Wednesday I shall be mulling over this year's writing goals with writing buddy Tracy and shall post them when I have got them straight in my mind.

Until then, I am sending good wishes to you all, and I hope you will continue to support my blog in 2014 as wonderfully as you have this year.

26 comments:

  1. What a wonderful start, Wendy - congratulations! And how lovely for us to be in together - I shall have to get myself out to the shops I think (and thank you for your kind thoughts) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's especially nice, Teresa, as we were together in Fiction Feast when my first story was published at the end of 2012.

      Delete
  2. Great start to the year, Wendy. I've got an article in the Feb issue of 'Truck & Driver'(!), which is on sale on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, but I had to laugh at that, Julia. I can't imagine what you've written about! I would say I'd buy it but....

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year, Wendy - and congratulations on making such a great start. Rx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab start to your New Year, congratulations - long may the successes continue :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great start to the year. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great start to 2014, Wendy! Looking forward to our goal setting chat - I'm hoping you can sort me out. Also I have some good news to celebrate with our teacakes, but can't say more yet ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are such a tease, Tracy... you did this to me last time!

      Delete
  7. Great start to your year, Wendy! Wishing you much success all through 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Let's hope it's not all downhill from now, Frances.

    ReplyDelete
  9. YOu're doing so well, Wendy. If you have time, I'd love to know what you make of the story I have put up on my blog (not a usual thing for me to do). I hope 2014 coninues so successful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you were a travel writer, Jenny. Will have a read.

      Delete
  10. Good luck with your writing this year Wendy. Look forward to following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on a great start to the year! I didn't know I was in WW either - is it the Fiction Special?! Normally they send a contributor's copy out, don't they...! Will have to scour the shops tomorrow! Thanks for letting me know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I haven't got a contributor's copy either - I saw it by chance!

      Delete
  12. Hi Wendy, What a fabulous start to the new year, hope you're feeling chuffed to bits.

    I've just had my first rejection of the year. If that doesn't give me a kick up the bum to get writing again, nothing will!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Think of it this way, Linda... things can only get better now!

    ReplyDelete