Monday 31 December 2012

My First Year of Writing

The river where I walk Bonnie - taken on a crisp December morning.

I took a break from writing over Christmas, but now is the time to look back at my first writing year.

I sent my first story to a magazine in April.

I had my first story accepted in August.

I have sold nine stories between August and December - 5 to Fiction Feast, 3 to The People's Friend and 1 to Woman's Weekly.

My first story was published in fiction Feast October, followed by two in December.

My first story was published in Woman's Weekly in December.

My first story will be published in The People's Friend on Jan 3.

I have 25 stories 'out there'.

I started my writing blog in August.

Wendy's Story Timeline was invented in December.


I would like to wish you all a wonderful 2013 and thank you all for supporting my blog this year.

16 comments:

  1. What a great first year, Wendy!
    Here's to the New Year being even better.

    I've a story in Jan 3rd's PF, too, so we're PF sisters.
    Happy, healthy 2013
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are indeed, Pat! Can't wait to see it in there.

      Delete
  2. Absolutely brilliant! Congratulations on such a wonderful year! Here's to another in 2013 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful first year of writing, Wendy! Wishing you many great things in 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a brilliant first year, Wendy! You're off to a roaring start and I reckon 2013 will be even more amazing. Happy New Year x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so. Happy New Year to you too - and Indy!

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on a wonderful start, Wendy! Onwards and upwards in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've done brillantly, Wendy. I'm sure you'll go on to have more success in 2013. I'll look out for you story in PF's 3rd Jan issue. Happy New Year and here's to lots of 'yes' emails from editors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Kate. I think it's in the Winter Special - It's called 'One Two Cha Cha Cha'. Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's very impressive for a first year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Patsy. I never expected it! Really looking forward to the next year.

      Delete
  9. What a wonderful year of achievements! The sky's the limit for 2013! x

    ReplyDelete