Friday 28 September 2012

New People's Friend Guidelines

Why has my azalea started to bloom?

As I look out of my kitchen window at my rather sad looking rain and windswept autumn garden, a flash of yellow catches my eye. It is my azalea deciding that it is spring. Isn't nature a strange creature!

I am writing today with some useful information about The People's Friend that I read about in the fantastic Womagwriter's blog. The magazine will be given a new look and more pages have been added - hence more stories (seven in fact - one for every day of the week).

They have also changed their story length guidelines: stories should now be 1,200 for shorter stories 2,000 - 3,000 for longer stories.

The new guidelines for The People's Friend can be found here.

I really like writing for this magazine and am hoping that with more pages I may be lucky enough to make more sales - we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment