2013 has started well for me with my story 'Dancing Queen', with its lovely illustration, published in the People's Friend and then today another sale to Woman's Weekly.
As the new year starts, it is inevitable that my thoughts are turning to what I want to achieve this year with my writing.
My options are:
- Carry on concentrating on writing short stories for magazines
- Try a different genre of short story such as historical
- Try writing a serial for these magazines
- Try writing a pocket novel
- Embark on a longer project (novel)
What I do know is that two years ago, when I was teaching English in a little private primary school, I had no idea that this was what I would now be doing - and I wouldn't change it for anything.