Tuesday 15 January 2019

2019 Bring it On!


Happy New Year to you all, and I wish every one of you good health and happiness for 2019.

Last week, best writing buddy Tracy Fells and I met up in our favourite cafe, armed with our target notebooks, for teacakes and a spot of yearly goal setting. We've been doing this for six years now - six years! I can hardly believe it. 

In my last post, I looked at whether I had achieved my 2018 goals. You can read it here.

But this post isn't about looking back, it's about looking forward and, if I'm honest, the 2019 goals have been harder to set than previous years. Why? Because where my writing goes this year will depend on how well the two books that will be published in May and August do. If I'm lucky, I might be offered another contract with my lovely publisher, Bookouture. If not... well, I'll just have to cross that bridge if and when I come to it.

There are a lot of things that I will be doing this year now I'm under contract: completing the publication process for book one then starting and completing the editing and publication process for book two. After that, there will be the publicity and the marketing to think about... not to mention the celebrating! But, these are not exactly goals. They're things that have to be done as the wheels of the publishing machine turn. 

It would be cheating to put 'to have two books published' as my goal for 2019!

Instead, I need to think about where I want to go after that and what new things I'd like to have achieved by the end of the year.

So here they are. My goals for 2019:


  • To enjoy every minute of being a published novelist .

  • To secure another publishing deal (this one is out of my hands).

  • To think about and start novel 3 (which is actually novel 4 as my first novel is still awaiting a publisher).

If I can achieve all these things in 2019, I shall be a very happy writer indeed.

What about you? Do you have yearly writing goals? If so, do feel free to share yours in the comments and I wish you the very best of luck with them.

6 comments:

  1. It has been a delight to come this far with you on your writing journey. This is going to be an exciting but also challenging year. I think you will love being a published novelist x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so... I’ve go this far it would be a shame not to enjoy it. Here’s to the both of us having a successful 2019 x

      Delete
  2. Be hopeful about no. 1 novel getting its chance at sometime, Wendy. My first-ever story was actually my umpteenth... but still, made it in the end. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s in a slightly different genre which is the problem - maybe some day 😀

      Delete
  3. Good luck with your goals – and I don't think it's cheating to have getting those two books published on your list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good. I shall add it to the list then 😀

      Delete