Tuesday 16 May 2017

May - A Month of New Beginnings


Have I ever mentioned that I love May?

It's a month when flowers start to bloom in earnest, the woodlands are carpeted with bluebells and birdsong seems louder and sweeter.

I also love May because it's the month of new beginnings for me.

Thirteen years ago in May, my daughter (barely seventeen) gave birth to my first grandchild. Last week we celebrated his birthday. As he enters his teenage years, I marvel at what a fine young man he has become.

Seven years ago in May, I married my lovely husband - another new beginning and another very special one.


(This is me with my two grandsons at my wedding... how time flies!)

Five years ago in May, I wrote and sent off my first magazine story. A huge milestone. They didn't like that one... or the next two but the one after that was a hit. It was the beginning of my writing career.

None of these three events could have been predicted but they all changed my life for the better.

No wonder I love May.

13 comments:

  1. May is one of my favourite months too, Wendy, as often warm & sunny and love all the woodland flowers out now. Lovely how so many momentous moments have happened in May for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Tracy, so many important events that have been life-changing.

      Delete
  2. May is a good month. Flowers start appearing, birds are flying here and there, and the warmer weather beckons.

    Congratulations on all those important May events too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! May is a wonderful month and it is my now daughter's favourite. She met her future husband in May, he came to live in UK the following May, engaged the next May and married the May after and this May they are settling into life in Australia! (They did cheat a bit though by arriving there on April 24th!)
    Enjoy all the forthcoming Mays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! May is certainly significant to your own family too, Lindsay.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful photos! May is a great month... except here where it's been raining all day! Never mind, the garden is all the greener for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there should be a law that it only rains st night, Penny.

      Delete
  5. My birthday this month too. It's a great time of the year isn't it? Lovely grandsons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Keith - hard to believe the eldest is now a teenager! My husband's birthday is in May too.

      Delete
  6. How lovely. Wishing you many more Mays.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely post, Wendy, and a beautiful photo. Hoping this May brings you lots of wonderful experiences!

    ReplyDelete