Tuesday 10 December 2013

Bah Humbug? Not Me!

 
In reply to the lovely Frances' Bah Humbug post:
 
Here are a few of the reasons why I love this time of year.
 
An excuse to snuggle in front of the fire and an excuse to get creative with the fairy lights.

 
 
An excuse to read my favourite Christmas stories to the grandchildren... again!
 
 
 
Lots of Christmas dances - so an excuse to wear my new 50s inspired dress.
 
 
 

An excuse to take the grandchildren to the late night Christmas shopping in town, where we also have the excuse to eat toasted marshmallows, admire the Victorian Christmas scene in the sweet shop window and browse the goodies inside.



An excuse to read my three Christmas stories in Fiction Feast (sorry, I couldn't resist that).


All this and still two weeks to go.



Sorry Frances, but I can't help it... I just love Christmas!


14 comments:

  1. That's all right, my dear. And even in my blog posts, all isn't always as it seems.

    Btw well done on those stories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you... and sorry, I couldn't resist after reading your post!

      Delete
  2. I love Xmas too, Wendy, and I'm not ashamed to confess it. I do miss reading festive stories to my son, but as he's 18 before Xmas don't think that's going to happen! Looking forward to lots of reading in front of the fire with a glass of something...
    Great to see a photo of you in the dress - looks terrific! And I've now got the Dec Fiction Feast with your festive hat-trick. Nice one :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anyone who drinks cinnamon flavoured latte must love Christmas, Tracy. Oh, and I left that FF on the newsagent's shelf just for you!

      Delete
  3. Lovely post, Wendy - I like Christmas too. What a gorgeous dress - you look wonderful in it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Christmas too, Wendy! And congratulations on your three stories - looking forward to reading them... and so pleased to be sharing the pages with you. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was really pleased when I saw you were in there as well... Karen too.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on those 3 stories!

    I quite like Christmas once it's here, but I'm fairly hum buggy in the run up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Patsy. Just as I wrote that the fairylights around the fireplace fell down!

      Delete
  6. 3 Xmas stories??!! well done you! And the dress looks fab! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, lovely pictures Wendy, and congratulations on the successes.

    ReplyDelete