A big thank you to Catherine Lumb for nominating me for the Libester's Blog Award.
The Liebster award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. As a new blogger, I fall into that category - so thanks Cat!
What is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome - so a perfect award on Valentine's Day!
The rules for the Liebster are to thank the person who nominated you, answer the 11 questions they have asked you, nominate 11 other people and ask them 11 questions in return. .
These are the questions Cat asked me, along with my answers.
1. What’s your most significant childhood memory?
Watching mussels open and close their shells and move around the bowl in a restaurant in France.
2. What is the one thing you want to do most before you die?
Have no regrets
3. Do you have a favourite magazine?
As I write stories for three of them - I couldn't possibly say!
4. What do you think is the best thing about having children?
Watching them grow up to be adults you can be proud of
5. What’s the worst thing about having children?
Worrying about them - even when they have grown up to be adults you can be proud of!
6. What do you do in order to relax?
Where do I start: read, pilates, walk, dance, sing ...
7. Is there someone you really hate – and why?
I don't hate people although I might hate their actions or attitudes (I particularly dislike unfairness). Dislike is a nicer word but actually there are few people I actively dislike.
8. If you could live anywhere else, where would this be?
There is nowhere I would rather live than my lovely little town in West Sussex but I love the Lake District so maybe that would be my second choice.
9. Is there a particular job that you wish you could excel at?
Yes! I would love to be a mathematician - as it is I am the numbers equivalent of a dyslexic. I'm sure there is a proper word for that but I can't be bothered to look it up.
10. Are you a cat or dog person?
Someone please close Bonnie's ears. I have always been a cat person but gained my stepdog when I married three years ago. She is a lovely dog (mostly) but I'm afraid cats rule!
11. How would you define love?
Thank you to my lovely husband and creater of Wendy's StoryTimeline for my Valentine surprise when I went down to feed Bon and Bobs this morning.
Now here are my questions for my nominees:
1. What's been your biggest disappointment in life?
2. If you could describe your personality in one word, what would it be?
3. Do you dream?
4. If you could go back in time to a different century which would it be?
5. What is the nicest thing anyone has done for you?
6. Are you techno or technophobe?
7. When was the last time you laughed until you cried?
8. What was the first record you ever bought?
9. If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
10. Have you ever met anyone famous?
11. What did you really think of Fifty Shades of Grey!